Facial Reconstruction in Baltimore, MD
Board-certified facial plastic surgeon Dr. Theda C. Kontis offers facial reconstruction to the residents of Baltimore, Maryland, Washington, DC, and the surrounding areas.
Facial reconstruction can be extremely beneficial to people suffering from any number of issues. Dr. Kontis specializes in the following areas of facial reconstruction:
- Ear Lobe Repair
- Scar Revision
- Skin Cancer Treatment and Mohs Reconstruction
- Facial Lacerations and Fractures
- Microtia Repair
All of these issues can have a significant effect on your self-esteem. Dr. Kontis’ goal is to help you overcome any of these problems so that you can feel more confident, and she has extensive experience and knowledge in all of these procedures.
How Are Facial Reconstruction Procedures Performed in Baltimore?
- Ear Lobe Repair is a procedure that lasts 30-45 minutes with the goal of restoring the natural shape of the earlobes. Common problems include tears through the bottom of the earlobes or keloids from old piercings. This procedure is performed under local anesthesia, and after about four to six weeks, patients may get their ears pierced again.
- Scar Revision can reduce the appearance or a wide, raised or highly visible scar. This procedure uses the natural creases in one’s face to make the scar less noticeable. The length of the scar revision procedure varies depending on the patient’s scars.
- Skin Cancer Treatment can be used for patients who have numerous unsightly moles and may be genetically predisposed for skin cancer. A skin sample (biopsy) may be taken using microscopic examination, and if cancer is detected, Dr. Kontis can remove it. This procedure varies depending on the size and growth; Dr. Kontis simply excises and repairs the cancer or uses a topical anticancer treatment. However, if the skin cancer is found in a specialized area, such as the nose or corner of the eye, then Mohs surgery may be required. This is an extremely effective option which also reduces the chances of reoccurrence. The area from which the cancer was removed will be reconstructed by Dr. Kontis with minimal visible scarring.
- Facial Lacerations and Fractures are repaired by Dr. Kontis by recreating the original facial appearance and restoring function. The technique used depends on the severity and location of the laceration or fracture.
- Microtia Repair is an area of expertise of Dr. Kontis and is used for children who have severe abnormalities of the ear or a complete absence of ears. This reconstructive surgery can improve both the appearance of the ears and the hearing ability. Ear reconstruction is an extremely delicate procedure that produces significant results for children suffering from the birth deformity microtia.
How Much Does Facial Reconstruction Cost in Baltimore?
The cost of facial reconstruction depends on the specific reconstruction surgery needed and the severity of the patient’s needs. Coverage by insurance companies is possible but dependent on the type of insurance you have. Schedule a consultation with Dr. Kontis to decide the best option for the results you desire, and then you can meet with our patient coordinator to discuss payment options.
Patients of Dr. Kontis have experienced an improved quality of life after their facial reconstruction surgery.
Board certified in both Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, Dr. Theda C. Kontis specializes in surgical and nonsurgical procedures that achieve youthful and natural results for the residents of Baltimore, Maryland, Washington, DC, and the surrounding areas.